Fringford Village Hall was built in 1900 and extended in the 1960s. The extension has fallen into disrepair and in the summer of 2015 is being replaced with a new timber frame extension. The works will be completed in autumn 2015. For more information please see our news section on progress reports.
The hall is well used for a variety of activities: regular hirings; parties; themed suppers; electoral voting; community meetings. Post renovation we plan for the hall to continue to serve the community and be booked for yet more diverse activities. Anyone can book the hall for a family, business or other type of event. See the links for more information on regular activities and hiring costs.
The hall is owned by Fringford Parish Council and leased to Fringford Village Hall Committee to manage on an ongoing basis. The Committee is a registered charity, number 1077028 and is responsible for hirings, building maintenance and fund raising.
The Committee meet every 4 to 6 weeks, dependant on the level of seasonal activity. Meetings are held in the hall, generally starting at 7.30pm. We are always keen to welcome visitors to our meetings and indeed would be delighted to have new people join the team. Future meeting dates will be published on this site.
The Team members are:
Christina McCullagh (Chair); Helen Fargin (Vice Chair); Christine Underwood (Secretary); Monty Smith (Treasurer); Peter Silver (Entertainment); Paul Applegate; Carol Reader; John Fargin (Parish Council representative); Anthony Parker (Caretaker ); Joe Parker (Bookings)